|Published||August 2, 2018|
At Cardinal Health, we are developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Engineering
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
MED EIT Organization has an open job role for an Engineer, Software Engineer SAP LE/MM supporting Medical Core Systems. This position will be responsible for:
- Develop business process knowledge and able to apply the knowledge to development of software functionality and related documentation
- Participates in conversations with business to understand requirements and works with leads to identify options
- Planning and support within SAP S4 logistics and procurement processes and procedures
- Create configurations within SAP S4 LE and MM to support supply chain processes and procedures
- Referencing and reviewing T-codes
- Collaborate with other EIT teams as needed in performing the support activities
- Communicate effectively to business partners and other supporting teams
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4 years in SAP and experience with functional processes would be recommended
- Functional SAP knowledge
- SAP S4 MM (Materials Management) module
- SAP S4 LE (Logistics Execution) module
- SAP Planning experience
- SAP S4 Procurement experience
- SAP S4 Logistics experience
- SAP S4 Connections/Interfaces
- Experience with creating configurations within the MM module and experience in SPRO in S4 would be ideal
- Understanding of creating configurations either through work related processes or projects
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.