|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
MED EIT Organization has an open job role for an Engineer, Software Engineer SAP S4 SD/LE/MM supporting Medical Core Systems. This position will be responsible for:
- Develop business process knowledge and able to apply the knowledge to development of software functionality and related documentation
- Participates in conversations with business to understand requirements and works with leads to identify options
- Planning and support within SAP S4 procurement processes and procedures
- Create configurations within SAP S4 MM and SAP SNC to support supply chain processes and procedures
- Referencing and reviewing T-codes
- Collaborate with other EIT teams as needed in performing the support activities
- Communicate effectively to business partners and other supporting teams
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 4 years in SAP and experience with functional processes is recommended
- Functional SAP knowledge
- SAP MM (Materials Management) module
- SAP Procurement experience
- SAP Connections/Interfaces
- Experience with creating configurations within the LE and MM modules and experience in SNC is ideal
- Understanding of creating configurations either through work related processes or projects
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.