|Published||July 28, 2018|
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Engineering
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health?
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineer, Software Engineering (SAP MDG Master Data) to support Master Data Governance (MDG). The position’s responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with other process areas (PTP, RTR, R&I, and non-SAP systems) to ensure a cohesive solution without impacting downstream processes or systems.
- Responsible for preparing and conducting prioritization meetings (for enhancements and defects) with the MDG functional partners.
- Responsible for creating configurations within SAP MDG and ECC and will be configuring throughout all MDG domains
- Working with off shore resources on day to day operational activities
- Making sure SLA’s are being met
- Timely delivery of defects and enhancements
- Teaming up with group of software engineers both onshore and offshore
- Work closely with OTC, PTP, RNI and RTR
- Ensure all critical MDG processes are properly monitored and alerted; and automate recurrent incidents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Prior experience with managed services agreements with an onshore/offshore model.
- MDG knowledge
- Must have strong SAP MDG and ECC configuration skills, and a broad understanding of SAP standards and best practices.
- Hands on MDG configuration experience in Master Data Governance for Customer, Supplier and Product Master Data.
- Must have the ability to influence our internal clients to leverage standard functionalities, and only opt for customization as a last resort.
- Must have experience completing effort estimates, preparing proposals and collaborating with our functional partners to deliver sound business cases.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot complex interfaces involving multiple systems (e.g. SalesForce, Order Express (Web Order Entry), Manhattan, CCDB, Master Item File (MIF), IBM MDM, IDM, EDI, ECM, IronPort, PlanetPress, etc.) and middleware applications.
- Ability to debug custom and standard SAP interfaces.
- SAP MDG certifications recommended.
- Experience using JIRA to document process flow
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.