|Date Posted||June 29, 2020|
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
This position is part of SAP TPM North America team whose objective and responsibility will be to support SAP and its core functionalities.
- Enhance and implement new functionalities of SAP solutions that cover wide spectrum of SAP best practices and methodologies to continuously improve operations of our IT business solution.
- Responsible for working on enhancements, project work, and troubleshooting
- Work on estimates and assessments
- Responsible for testing requirements
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience with SAP Sales & Distribution (SD)
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
Additional Experience in these areas a plus:
- Experience in HANA database
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) management and cost optimization
- Experienced in applying SAP Support packages, kernel upgrade, plug-ins etc.
- Experience in CRM, Vistex and APO
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.