|Date Posted||November 7, 2019|
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best DIRECTOR SAP CoE - TECH LEAD professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
The Director SAP COE is responsible for the planning and management of the team’s activities and to provide leadership to the team members. This position also acts as a key liason to the BU CIOs and other Business leaders.
- Performs team scheduling and work planning
- Manages work status and resolves work conflicts where needed
- Tracks and communicates team capacity
- Works with the team to establish performance targets
- Works with the team to track and report performance aganinst goals
- Conducts individual performance reviews
- Serves as a mentor to team members
- Facilitates team meetings
- Encourages and supports team improvements
- Ensures that team members are adhering to defined repeatable processes (SDLC & other)
- Conducts reviews to ensure that deliverables conform to standards and meet specifications
- Works with BU CIOs and Relationship Managers to prioritize incoming service requests and projects
- Participates in executing the team activities as appropriate
- Provide strategic consultancy as needed to support to assigned customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements; documents existing customer business processes, identifies inefficiencies and recommends improvements for these systems.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices relevant to the assigned client business; partners with customers to develop business case justification for applications projects; identifies customer business requirements for significant enhancements to existing systems and for new development projects; translate requirements into business rules and user interfaces; coordinate systems design efforts with end user interactions
- Ensures that the team develops, documents and maintains best practices, project standards, procedures, application, quality objectives and “lessons learned”, including metrics for assessing progress; ensures that applications systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices; develops and delivers training on and emphasizes the use of established project standards, methodology and quality objectives
- Monitors and report on the status of multiple concurrent project efforts; proactively review and interpret performance against operating plans and standards; provide information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; present reports on project performance, changes, enhancements, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participate in key management activities and committees advising IS senior management and business unit project sponsors accordingly.
- Performs other projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with an information technology focus. MBA highly preferred.
- Senior consultant roles in more than 4 projects. 8+ years SAP hands-on experience. Knowledge in various SAP modules and experience working on large-scale SAP projects. 8-10 years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- Strategic planning and analysis and management consulting experience with strong emphasis on relationship management and resource management
- Business Process re-engineering or process improvement experience with broad-based information systems. Experience utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change and develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Project management experience that involves conceptualizing, organizing, planning, and executing large-scale, high dollar and high risk projects from vision through implementation, with diverse stakeholders such as business unit/division, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Positive, self-motivated and an exceptional desire to win. Superior people skills: team-oriented, fast learner and personable understanding of business requirements and functionality
- Strong understanding of integrated business management systems. Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts and define alternatives & prioritizations to remove technical roadblocks. Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Very strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management.
- Highly motivated self-starter. Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and to achieve results through team efforts. Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to implement projects and contribute to concept
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.