|Published||September 13, 2023|
We recognize our competitive advantage -- our people. We believe in our people, who share our vision of meeting the needs of our employees, customers, and communities and who carry out the continued success of the company.
Our employees are committed to the company's foundational values: integrity, excellence, teamwork, environmental stewardship, and community commitment. In turn, we invest in our employees, providing opportunities for challenge and advancement and offering a competitive compensation package.
Posting End Date: at 11:59PM HST
BRIEF POSTING DESCRIPTION:
The P EX ENTERPRISE TECH SOFTWARE SVCS Department of the P SOFTWARE APPLICATION SVCS Division at Hawaiian Electric Company has 1 Management vacancy available. This position may be filled on Oahu, Maui, or Hawaii Island. (Role: PROFESSIONAL)
Working independently and/or as part of a project team, performs analysis, programming, testing, troubleshooting, documentation-writing, implementation, training, and maintenance support for SAP and SAP related information systems to meet company and/or customer requirements, within budget and time constraints. As needed, performs second-level help desk functions.
- Programs/adapts, tests, troubleshoots, documents, and implements SAP and SAP related information systems and/or applications to meet customer needs (new or modifications). As needed, provides second-level technical support for Help Line.
- Collaborate with Development, Infrastructure, and Desktop Analysts, Database Administrators, Basis personnel, and/or IT Business Solutions Consultants and customer personnel to analyze system/customer requirements and design, or identify commercially available small to medium-sized SAP and SAP related information systems or portions of large systems, including new system development or modification or integration of existing systems (e.g., corporate and end-customer).
- Independently and/or under direction of Development Analysts, collaborate with other ITS development or services groups, and/or ITS consultants and customer personnel to evaluate business or technical software (Unix, client-server, desktop/laptop, tablet, and/or smart-phone) that meet customer needs. This includes review of alternatives and support for cost/benefit reviews.
- Trains customers to make the best use of SAP and SAP related information systems; assists in training newer programmer/analysts on tools and techniques employed by Hawaiian Electric/Maui Electric/Hawai’i Electric Light.
- Creates work plans, provides status/progress reports, and coordinates with customers.
- Work solely or in concert with others to author requisite documentation to meet a variety of company needs, be it text for rate case or project filings, responses to information requests from interveners, cost benefit analyses, department/team strategies, etc.
- Remain on-call/available for both scheduled and unscheduled work. Said work is occasionally required outside normal business hours and on weekends.
- Participates in Company emergency response activities as assigned, including any activities required to prepare for such emergency response.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of information and office technology management normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of utility business, business and/or engineering principles & practices desirable.
- Working knowledge of Unix, client-server/multi-tier, and workstation/PC/Internet/Mobile technologies and systems development.
- Good understanding of application interfacing concepts, basic reporting and database development and support.
- Ability to document and execute an integrated test plan and a user acceptance test plan.
- Ability to maintain status of tasks, defects, issues, and support requests on a daily basis in an appropriate tool.
- Knowledge/familiarity with SAP and SAP related products/technologies such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Billing, Finance, Device Management, Bill Print, Business Objects/Warehouse, Meter Reading, etc.
- Able to perform SAP upgrades/rebuilds. Strong awareness of overall system needs such as performance management, capacity management, availability management, etc.
- Able to employ project/program life-cycle techniques (e.g., SDLC) in programming and/or analysis projects for both custom and vendor-supplied software.
- Ability to design/develop databases within scope of projects.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively (written and oral) with a variety of individuals (e.g., working with customers to ensure successful projects).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; effective written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth analytical and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs.
- Several (2- 3) years programming experience or commensurate demonstration of requisite skills in a computing environment (e.g., Unix, client-server, desktop/tablet) using one or more of the languages and techniques employed at the companies.
- A few (1-2) years of analytical experience in simple to complex computer systems
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Work Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Location: Oahu, Maui, or Hawaii Island.
Hiring Range: The hiring range for the Development Specialist - Enterprise SAP +8568 [Req ID 8569] position is $84,000.00 to $107,200.00. The person selected will be placed according to his/her skills and qualifications.
About Hawaiian Electric Companies
Hawaiian Electric Companies provide electricity and services to 95 percent of the state's 1.4 million residents. The company is also one of the state's leading employers and a major contributor and supporter of community and educational programs.
The demand for power that has fueled the growth of the Hawaiian Islands has been met by Hawaiian Electric Companies for well over a century. And as the next millennium unfolds, the company is committed to providing quality service and seeking clean local energy sources to power generations of Hawaii families and businesses to come. Visit us at http://hawaiianelectric.com.
Interested individuals should apply online. The application must clearly indicate the demonstrated experience/knowledge/skills/abilities the candidate possesses which specifically qualifies him/her for the position.
Should there be no candidates with this experience, the company may consider applicants without such experience who meet the knowledge/skill requirements. If such a candidate is hired, he or she will initially be placed on a development plan commensurate with his/her education and experience level.
By submitting an application for the position, candidates:
1. Authorize the Hawaiian Electric Companies to confirm all statements contained in the application and/or any materials submitted and made a part of the application as they relate to the position and to the extent permitted by law;
2. Authorize and consent to, without reservation, the Hawaiian Electric Companies sharing any and all information regarding previous or present employment, educational training or personal information from their records and from any other source with the hiring department or subsidiary company;
3. Release, discharge, and hold harmless, Hawaiian Electric Companies, from any and all liability for any damage which may be claimed as a result of furnishing such information to the hiring department or subsidiary company;
4. Authorizes release and transfer of all personnel records to be maintained by the hiring company in the event of an inter-company transfer; and
5. Authorize, direct, and consent to Hawaiian Electric Companies and/or its authorized agents to conduct investigations into candidates' background. These investigations may include, but are not limited to searches for information about applicants; record of criminal convictions to the extent permitted by law, education records, professional certifications, personal character references, and employment history.
Hawaiian Electric Companies is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity/expression), ancestry/national origin, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws. We further encourage individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply.
Hawaiian Electric Companies complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed during the application process should be communicated by the candidate to the HR Service Center at (808) 543-4848.
Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Maui Electric Company, and Hawaii Electric Light (“Company”) are Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (“PUC”) regulated companies. The disclosure relating to Affiliate Transaction Requirements that follows is made pursuant to the PUC’s Decision and Order No. 35962, issued on December 19, 2018, and subsequently modified by Order No. 36112, issued on January 24, 2019 in Docket No. 2018-0065.
By submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that, if you are hired by the Company and subsequently transferred, assigned or otherwise employed by an Affiliate, said Affiliate will be required to make a one-time payment to the Company in an amount up to twenty-five percent (25%) of your base annual compensation.
In addition, if you are hired by the Company and subsequently transferred, assigned or otherwise employed by an Affiliate or an Affiliate-Related Entity, for a period of one year, you cannot appear in negotiations or otherwise interact directly with the Company or work on the same matter that you worked on while with the Company.
Affiliate is defined as “any person or entity that possesses an ‘affiliate interest’ in a utility as defined by section 269-19.5, Hawaii Revised Statutes (“HRS”), including a utility’s parent holding company, except as otherwise provided by HRS section 269-19.5(h).”
Affiliate-Related Entity is defined as “a third party that provides electricity-related services in a regulated utility’s service territory that has a material financial, operational, or ownership interest with an unregulated affiliate of the utility and of whom the utility has reasonable knowledge.”
For a current list of all Affiliates and Affiliate-Related Entities, please see:
This list may be amended, updated or revised from time to time without notice.