|Published||August 12, 2023|
REMOTE/ HYBRID/ ONSITE preference
The SAP Configuration Analyst is responsible for supporting all facets of MDVA's S/4HANA implementation including leading configuration / analysis activities for strategic business initiatives to deliver new SAP system functionality, managing the design, development, implementation, and support of system enhancements, and driving optimization of SAP configuration to streamline business processes. Additionally, this position will be responsible for responding to user issues and requests, ensuring stability, continuing operations, and ensuring adherence to all IT controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead role in defining, implementing, and supporting solutions in alignment with IT project initiatives.
- Manage all required tasks through the project lifecycle phases (Define, Design, Develop, Implement and Support).
- Collaborate with business users, system analysts, and IT partners to ensure proper alignment of SAP solutions with business goals and processes.
- Design, configure, and deliver high quality solutions through system configuration that meet business requirements.
- Develop functional specification documents and work with developers on enhancements relating to interfaces, conversions, custom programs, reports, user-exits, and forms.
- Interface with business process owners to facilitate process improvement through enhanced or new SAP functionality.
- Design, document, and implement unit, integration, and regression test plans in our development and QA environments.
- Ensure all IT standards, policies, and controls are consistently followed to ensure that departmental goals are met.
- Develop and maintain system configuration and user access documentation.
- Facilitate the development and delivery of training courses and required materials.
- Supports issue resolution and knowledge transfer activities for end users.
- Participate in SAP initiatives, focusing primarily on the Finance and Controlling areas and the integration points with the logistics modules (SD/MM/PP).
- Performs related tasks as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at various levels of the organization including senior leaders and end users.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting processes and best practices.
- Ability to understand and translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Ability to understand new concepts, analyze system deficiencies, and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to take ownership of requests, to drill down into technical issues, troubleshoot, and solve complex problems.
- Experience working well in a team-based environment including strong collaboration with co-workers and partners.
- Ability to work under pressure, in critical situations and under tight deadlines while bringing strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Eager to learn, share ideas, and accept feedback.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration with Finance concentration or a related degree; or an alternative combination of acceptable education and experience.
- 6+ years Information Technology experience, with 5 or more years functional SAP FI and CO experience, performing solution design, system configuration, development, testing, and defect debugging.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with supporting SAP ECC 6.0 and S/4HANA in the Finance and Controlling areas.
- Knowledgeable in the integration points and financial value flow between SAP FI, CO, PP, MM and SD.
- Strong background with full cycle implementation projects in SAP.
- Experience with interfaces using BAPI, IDOC, BDC, LSMW, and call transaction update methods.
- Knowledge of SAP security and access controls.
- Experience with SAP in a Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project) environment.
- Strong business process and configuration knowledge in the following SAP areas:
o Accounts Payable
o Accounts Receivable
o New General Ledger
o Cost Center Accounting
o Fixed Asset Accounting
o Internal Orders
o Bank Accounting
o Basic COPA understanding
o Product Costing
o Material Ledger
o SAP Fiori usage for core accounting activities
- Formal SAP Certifications (preferably S/4HANA) in FI and/or CO modules.
- Familiarity with SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Experience with SAP in an Azure environment.
- Experience with ALE, EDI, IDOC.
- Project management skills or certification.
- Experience in Product Costing and Plant Accounting.
- Experience working in dairy management, process manufacturing, or consumer products industries.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for computer work and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)