|Published||July 19, 2018|
Business Systems Analyst III - SAP BI/BW Analyst
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid unbleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
As a person knowledgeable in the SAP BI (BW/BOBJ) modules and processes, the mission of this position is to analyze business issues and to identify projects and technologies which will enable significant improvements in the corporation's reporting and decision support functions. The Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both business needs and a solid understanding of industry requirements and best practices. This position may also assist in routine maintenance for specific modules in the company's suite of business applications. This position collaborates with business process owners to foster a positive IT customer relations environment.
Essential Job Functions:
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the following functions:
- Define business requirements jointly working with management and professional staff in user departments. Technical solutions must satisfy the business needs for the future, i.e., consider company growth and customer service objectives.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly BI reports support, development and implementation.
- Responsible for data extraction processes from SAP and Non-SAP systems.
- Responsible for data integration with other systems
- Develop working relationships with a diverse group of business people and gain an understanding of the complex nature of the Company's business. Maintain familiarity with the business plans of the Company and the departments serviced. Remain knowledgeable of information technology and Company business operations.
- Develop detail system design which support the system requirements. Conduct technical reviews and walk-through of IT design documentation with development and design team members.
- Provide support for designated application systems. Augment and facilitate the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems.
- Provide guidance in creating standards, testing procedures, version control, etc. Maintain a professional awareness of tools and techniques that might be used to improve the quality of service.
- Other duties as assigned
- As a staff member within the Systems Department, this position is responsible for applying the application of technology from a systems and end-user (customer) perspective
- Working experience in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) (7.4 & 7.5)
- Working experience in SAP Business Objects; WEBI & Crystal Reports
- Strong knowledge of all areas of BW/BI including data extraction, staging, transformation, and query development
- Experience with developing custom data sources and enhancing existing data sources
- Understanding of best practices in BW/BI data modeling
- Experience or knowledge programming in SQL and/or Oracle databases
- Knowledge or experience of SAP Data Services, HANA, and/or BPC a plus
- Knowledge or experience of SAP SD, HCM, FICO, MM, PP, QM a plus
- Experience integrating BI functionality with the SAP Enterprise Portal a plus
- ABAP experience in developing custom Transformations and User Exits a plus
Background / Experience:
- 4-year college degree in general or IT-Related field required. Equivalent work experience considered. Specialized or technical knowledge:
- 4+ years IT experience including 1-2 years in SAP BI modules. Experience in both implementation and application support is desired. General experience should include systems architecture and business processes like those at GPI.
Other Required Skills:
- Demonstrated perceptual and analytical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to translate technical information into language non-technical people will understand
- Ability to identify deficiencies in technical work and implementation plans, and to identify schedule conflicts
- Business process mapping and flow charting expertise
- Tenacity to set and achieve complex objectives from multiple teams to meet business objective, and to effectively manage cross-functional resources
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.