|Date Posted||July 21, 2020|
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Business Process Consultant, Analyst/Configurator, SAP SD
This position is responsible for working closely with Global SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) organizations. As a core member of Global SAP IT SD team, responsibilities will include planning activities, providing work estimates, developing functional design specifications, configuring in the SAP SD and SCM-APO module, testing, training, and developing documentation. Consulting with internal/external customers/partners, Global IT and IT Leadership for the optimization and harmonization of business processes.
- Provide analysis and support for IT projects relative to SD to enable digitization and business process initiatives. These projects include configuration of SD and SCM-APO modules
- Provide support of SAP SD module including support and testing of changes, releases, enhancement packages, upgrades.
- Interface with business users and analyze business processes and specify/configure application to efficiently support those needs.
- Drives adherence of global template and system standardization.
- Works independently, with guidance/supervision in only most complex situations.
- Develop functional specifications for ABAP programs.
- Support the training and knowledge management of the key user organization.
- Participate in the resolution of production problems 24x7.
- Participate in defining and integrating with other ERP modules including FI, WM, MM, PP, DP, QM/PM, SRM, and HR
- Conduct research on new and emerging SD technologies and solutions that can be leveraged through existing and future investments.
- Strong business process and system knowledge with the ability to recognize problems and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of SD concepts and transactions, particularly within the automotive and rail industries.
- Knowledge of using SCM-APO for available-to-promise (ATP) and transportation and shipment scheduling functionality.
- Knowledge of SAP Automotive Solution desired.
- Knowledge of integration points with other SAP modules (ex. FI, WM, MM, SRM, SD, PP, DP, and BI)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (ex. PMP, ASAP, Agile/Scrum)
- Basic programming knowledge and debugging concepts is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of analytical experience, Minimum 3 years SAP SD experience.
- Experience with implementing SD and SCM-APO within SAP
- Experience in full-cycle implementation of SAP.
- Experience in configuring SAP SD and SCM-APO module
- Experience with SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) a plus.
- Experience in S/4 Hana a plus.
- Extremely customer focused with a strong sense of urgency.
- Problem solving, trouble shooting, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully team with software vendors, outsourcing partners and KB regional & global business and IT associates.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks with the business in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with perseverance and the creativity to overcome obstacles to achieve project objectives.
- Excellent communication skills: presentation, written, oral.
- Must be able to perform as an effective member in a global, team-oriented environment, maintain a positive attitude, and achieve desired results while working with minimal supervision.
- ITIL knowledge required; ITIL certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related discipline.
- Greenbelt certification preferred
- SAP Academy certification a plus.
- Participation in ASUG, Sapphire a plus.
- This position requires approximately 20% travel annually, both domestic and international.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company-Paid Benefits: