|Published||May 3, 2022|
|Location||Florham Park, NJ|
Job Description Business Analyst SAP FI-RS – Locations: Purchase, NY – Florham Park, NJ We are seeking a Business Analyst, Reinsurance to join our Business Architecture and Transformation team in our Purchase NY, Florham Park NJ, or NYC office. Main areas of responsibility: The primary function of this position is to be responsible for ongoing analysis and support of the global SAP FS-RI (Reinsurance) implementation. Responsibilities:
• Serve as subject matter expert for the FS-RI application
• Analyze and document business requirements and processes with business stakeholders for implementation into FS-RI.
• Create functional specifications as needed for new functionality. Design solutions that maximize the out of the box features of the product and minimize customizations
• Test configuration changes and assist QA team in test planning and troubleshooting
• Facilitate end user acceptance testing of FS-RI solutions
• Estimate the level of effort/cost of new application functionality
• Provide analysis and troubleshooting on production issues related to FS-RI and its integration points. Qualifications, Skills and Experience: Experience Required:
• 3 years hands on experience with configuration of SAP Reinsurance (FS-RI) or similar reinsurance application
• 5 years of experience with SAP including SAP FICO or FS-CD
• Business process knowledge in assumed and ceded reinsurance
• Working knowledge of BW
• Multiple end-to-end project lifecycle experience within SAP FS-RI or similar reinsurance application
• Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs and the out of the box software functionality
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately.
• Strong initiative; able to self-manage. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done.
• Experience using standard project and business tools including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
• Team player who works well with technical and business resources.
• University degree in computer science or equivalent Competencies:
• Experience working in an onshore/offshore software development environment
• Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
• Have a solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of the business environment necessary to support assigned projects.
• Skilled at identifying flat areas and providing feedback to employees for performance improvement.
• Clear, logical, and effective verbal/written communication skills.
• Clearly demonstrated sense of urgency and bias for action.
• Ability to work well under pressure and independently.
• Ability to effectively direct the work of others.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret technical material.
• Able to fully research business situation, identify areas of concern and present solution. Company Description A global provider of insurance products covering property and casualty, accident and health, reinsurance, and life insurance and the largest publicly traded property and casualty company in the world.