|Location||New York, United States of America|
|Date Posted||November 20, 2020|
Associate Information Systems Officer (SAP SCM Processes), P2
Department/Office: Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Enterprise Resource Planning Project
Duty Station: NEW YORK
Closing date for applications: 17 December 2020
Job Opening Number: 20-Information Management Systems-DMSPC ERP-142132-R-New York (E)
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Supply Chain Management, Solution Architecture 2 team of the ERP/Umoja Project in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance. The incumbent reports to, and work under the supervision of a Senior Information Systems Officer.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation project, enabling high-quality, and cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN's human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org
The scope of the position includes technical work required for the implementation of the SAP software to maintain and develop the Umoja solution in respect of the existing functionality, work stream and processes as well as for new functionality coming up with the design, build and roll out as well as subsequent stabilization of the project's new phase in 2021.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Information Systems Officer may be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications for the implementation of the team’s work and processes, particularly programming, configuration, workflow and process integration.
- Assists in the design, development, test and roll out of the above suite of technical services and processes.
- Undertakes complex systems analysis of well-defined modules within the system, develop enhancements and new features to existing systems; may design and implement small, stand-alone systems as needed (e.g. to meet individual user requirements).
- Provides operational support to data security and integrity.
- Participates in developing and maintaining Information Systems project plans, schedules, and budgets. Assists in identifying appropriate human and technical resources to complete the project, assists in assuring that deviations from project schedule are addressed and communicated, assists in developing timely project status reports, monitoring project risk factors, escalating project issues, and providing Quality Assurance for all project deliverables.
- Writes and develops programs to interface with existing systems.
- Participates in developing disaster recovery plans, contingency plan or risk solution plan.
- Prepares, updates and maintains system’s documentation and related technical/procedural manuals.
- Assists in the tracking and monitoring of SAP software performance measures.
- Drafts training materials and conducts training sessions and demonstrations of systems for users.
- Participates with senior staff in assessing and testing new technology.
- Performs ad hoc duties as required.
- May provide guidance to new/junior staff.
Professionalism: Knowledge of basic systems analysis and design techniques, testing, debugging, and documentation standards, database design, storage and internal systems. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems or related field. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification in SAP SCM modules is desirable.
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area, is required. Experience with an SAP Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] system is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the positions advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
For more information and how to apply, please follow the link: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=142132