|Location||Oak Brook, IL|
|Date Posted||July 4, 2019|
IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
Architect, Data Modeler-SAP
The Architect, Data Modeler directs, designs and develops unified sets of highly complex data models including conceptual, canonical and logical that assimilate data from multiple source systems to solve business requirements. Creates structures that implement and enforce unified set of data models and comply with data modeling standards. Provides expertise in designing and/or coding highly complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms. Provides overall expertise in defending the tables and fields provided in the data model. Sets direction on how to develop an understanding of client's original data and storage mechanisms. Partners with the Database team to derive data storage strategies to ensure optimum storage organization. Solves highly complex problems and is called on to consult by other teams. Provides coaching/training to less experienced team members and acts as a mentor to less experienced team members. Viewed as the Subject Matter Expert for all disciplines within their area of responsibility. May supervise others, but not required.
Provides system wide/cross functional support across IT.
- Business Process: Ensure best practice solutions are developed and implemented to satisfy business requirements. Ensure solutions optimize and protect TreeHouse Foods IT Ecosystem Collaborate with suppliers to recommend best practice solutions.
- Functional Analysis: Proactively validate results of functional requirements gathering process.
- Functional Design: Direct functional designs of solutions enable process change, continuous improvement and competitive advantage. Ensure solutions optimize and protect the TreeHouse Foods IT Ecosystem and achieve maximum ROI.
- Architecture: Through collaborative means, research technical solutions to broad business problems and ensure application/ technical strategies are tightly linked. Influence and set Ecosystem architectural standards to meet long term requirements reusing existing solutions where possible. Ensure Ecosystem portfolio is continuously maintained.
- Information Security: Establish security standards for emerging technologies. Ensure appropriate "defense in depth" and "least privileged" security concepts are designed into Ecosystem.
- Availability / Recovery: Establish and direct efforts to measure and continuously improve Ecosystem availability working closely with customers. Establish design standards for operational availability and recovery point/ time objectives that are cost efficient and effectively protects business from interruption.
- Capacity/ Performance: Utilize capacity trends and long term business/ technical strategies to ensure Ecosystem capacity is appropriately accommodated. Ensure licensing for environments is forecasted appropriately and in continuous compliance with contractual agreements. Measure and lead efforts to continuously improve performance of systems continuously driving efficient utilization of technical components.
- Research/ Development: Assess applicability and readiness of emerging technology solutions. Effectively influence suppliers to develop solutions to meet business needs.
- Quality Assurance: Direct design and quality reviews and ensure technical resources are optimized.
- Technical Application Analysis: Proactively validate conclusions associated with requirements gathering process focusing on full spectrum of application performance.
- Technical Application Design: Ensure optimal performance and quality of technical designs.
- Construct/ Implement: Ensure quality delivery of tuned application environments that are contemporary and in accordance with architectural guidelines. Provides direction for programs and/or large projects. Accountable for the overall solution capabilities of projects/initiatives.
- Incident/ Problem Management: Direct and educate others in conducting effective investigation/ diagnosis of incidents and root cause analysis of problems across the TreeHouse Foods IT Ecosystem. Develop, implement and document solutions in a timely manner and validate with users that service has been restored.
- Change Control: Direct and educate others in conducting proper urgency, impact and risk assessment of change requests. Plan, schedule, implement and document changes in accordance with Change Advisory Board (CAB) processes.
- Human Capital Management (When Applicable): Develop each of his / her assigned team members by fully leveraging all facets of IT career development. Ensure effective development and delivery of Performance Reviews and midyear reviews for all assigned and (when applicable) matrixed personnel. Actively manage / ensure creation of individual development plans and associated training plans for assigned personnel ensuring they are both feasible and in line with organizational goals. Actively coach others toward demonstrating all behaviors defined by the TreeHouse Vision, Mission and Values. Actively contribute to staff calibration activities and talent management reviews.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Requires more than 12 years Information Technology / position related experience.
- Knowledge and experience of key tools within respective area (see Addendum 1).
- Knowledge and experience of core competencies within respective area (see Addendum 2), preferably within Consumer Products or Manufacturing industries.
- Exchanges highly complex technical or nontechnical information with internal and external audiences.
- Required to interpret or clarify highly complex technical information to aid understanding.
- Conveys highly complex information and persuades several diverse stakeholders/audiences within area of responsibility.
- Develops recommendations to promote highly complex ideas or services across IT.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the theories and practices within a functional area and its interrelationship with other functional areas.
- Expertise in the interrelationships of different disciplines, directs the application of existing rules, procedures and operations and directs the development of new policies and ideas across functional areas.
- Requires conceptual thinking to understand highly complex issues, their implications and directs the improvement of defined procedures.
- Implementation of highly complex solutions requiring a longer-term view and analysis of multiple perspectives and implications.
- Provides expertise in the detailed analysis and directs the application of the results to improve business operations.
- Travel: As-needed (e.g. 0% - 10%)
- Working Hours: As business requires
Knowledge and experience of the following SAP application core competencies (Desired):
- SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence (BOBJ-BI)
- SAP HANA Enterprise
- SAP Solution Manager
- SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management
- SAP Tcodes
- SAP GUI Functionality
- General ERP Knowledge
- Understanding of ABAP coding
Knowledge and experience of the following key tools (Required):
- MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
Knowledge and experience of the following key tools (Desired):
- MS Office Visio and Project
- HP Application Lifecycle Management
- HP Load Runner
- Ancile uPerform (p.k.a. RWD Productivity Pak)
SAP Requirements by Area - Data Modeler (Required):
- BW - Business Warehouse - BW Business Explorer (BEx)
- HANA - SAP In-memory Database & Analytics - HANA SQL Script (SQL)
- BOBJ-BI - BusinessObjects Business Intelligence - Web Intelligence (Webi)
- BOBJ-BI - BusinessObjects Business Intelligence - Analysis for Office (Excel Add-in)
- BOBJ-BI - BusinessObjects Business Intelligence - Dashboards
- BOBJ-BI - BusinessObjects Business Intelligence - BOBJ-BI Administration
SAP Requirements by Area - Data Modeler (Desired):
- BW - Business Warehouse - Model, Extract, Transform & Load (ETL)
- BW - Business Warehouse - ABAP programming
- HANA - SAP In-memory Database & Analytics - SAP Landscape Transformation Replication (SLT)
- HANA - SAP In-memory Database & Analytics - Model, Extract, Load & Transform (ELT)
- HANA - SAP In-memory Database & Analytics - HANA Lifecycle Management (LCM)
- DS - Data Services - Enterprise Data Services
- SAC - SAP Analytics Cloud - Storyboards
- SAC - SAP Analytics Cloud - Application Designer
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.