|September 13, 2018
The Information Systems/IS Sr. ABAP/PI Technical Analyst will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of SAP ABAP WRICEF (Workflow Reports Interfaces Conversions Enhancements Forms) and SAP PI Integration solutions.
The role will be expected to do hands-on work on complex ABAP/PI development objects. In addition, the role will co-ordinate with offshore development resources and/or managed services providers for some areas (EDI, Mobility).
The position is a member of the Technical Services team located in Houston, Texas and will be part of a group that is responsible for SAP Development, Integration & Mobility solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support, maintenance and debugging of productive systems and issues
- Evaluate, interpret and understand Functional Specifications for primarily SAP ABAP and PI custom development, but may occasionally span non-SAP technical areas. E.g. Bartender/Loftware label printing, SAP Portal, DSI, Syclo, SOTI, etc.
- Construct Technical Specification for a solution design which will meet or exceed the functional requirements as described in the Functional Specification.
- Development (coding) of the design as described in the Technical Specification.
- Technical unit testing of the developed solution and performing peer code reviews of team member solutions.
- Provide technical consulting to the functional analysts
- Co-ordinate SAP ABAP/PI development efforts by the India offshore development team
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
Soft Skills (Required)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and ability to frame issues clearly for less technical colleagues and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- Good consulting skills to gather information requirements, and participate in analysis and user interface design discussions.
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and follow through skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple job assignments at once
- Ability to produce high quality work in a short period of time with little supervision
- Demonstrates initiative, taking prompt action to identify issues/opportunities and accomplish objectives, going beyond what is required and/or expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - must be able to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms for both senior level management and frontline staff.
- Ability to attend training courses, learn and apply new technologies including non-SAP technologies that support the overall charter for the group (Application Development, Integration, EDI, Mobility)
Technical Skills (Required)
- Excellent hands on experience in several types of ABAP development (reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, forms, workflow, function modules and module pool).
- Excellent hands on experience in SAP integration technologies – RFC, BAPI, ALE, IDOC, etc.
- Good hand on experience in SAP Process Orchestration/Integration (PO/PI) – Different types of adapters (File, RFC, Web Services, PI ABAP Proxies, IDOC’s); Graphical Mappings including user defined mappings (java), some XLST and Java mappings; Integration Directory Configuration, Monitoring & Troubleshooting errors in both the Java and ABAP stack.
- Good understanding of ABAP objects (Object Oriented concepts) with hands on working knowledge being preferred.
Technical Skills (Desirable)
- EDI Experience (direct or indirect)
- Exposure to BADI’s, Proxies, switch framework, and Web Dynpro’s is required with hands on working knowledge preferred.
- Exposure to ABAP development for BW preferred
- In depth experience in at least 3 SAP business module (SD, PP, PM, MM, QM, FI, CO, etc.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required
- 10 or more years of SAP ABAP experience
- 2 or more years of SAP PI experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 25% including air travel or auto travel.