|Date Posted||March 19, 2020|
Position Title: Administrator, SAP Basis
The IT Basis–Server Analyst is responsible for ensuring specific SAP basis activities are correctly defined and implemented. These activities include operating system, OSS notes & other system patches, transports, system administration, system performance, risk identification & mitigation, issue identification & resolution and other technical tasks as required. The IT Basis-Server Analyst has detailed knowledge of specific SAP basis and server areas, as well as a general understanding of application, development and other technical areas.
- Provide HP/UX Unix operating system expertise to include installation, support and upgrades for all environments in operation at Bendix or remote sites.
- Provide SAP Basis technical support and system administration for Bendix SAP FICO and other Bendix-developed systems residing on the UNIX platform.
- Participate on and support IT technical and applications ERP teams for the SAP R/3 implementation (Unix / Oracle platform).
- Provide SAP system administration for version upgrades as needed.
- Apply SAP hot packs, notes, kernel updates, client refresh and maintenance, and other ongoing support to the SAP system.
- Install and support web application servers, e.g. SAP Web App Server, IBM Websphere, through installation of new products, timely upgrades, and research and make recommendations for landscape.
- Perform normal and emergency system startup/shutdown, recovery; document and perform regular tests of these processes on all UNIX systems (SAP and other).
- Support security requirements for safeguarding and controlling access to information on UNIX platform
- Monitor SAP and other UNIX systems, responding quickly to detected problems and emergency situations.
- Provide off-hours response as necessary for problems and emergency situations.
- Participate on various process improvement teams utilizing Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of SEI CMM & PMBOK processes as well as Six Sigma Certification (Greenbelt or Blackbelt) desirable.
- 5+ years of experience in operating system administration roles.
- Experience working as SAP system administrator in HP/UX environment.
- Customer/business focused.
- Creativity and perseverance in using technical/analytical skills for problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to pick up technical knowledge quickly and deal with new technology.
- Ability to manage and measure work tasks.
- Good decision quality.
- Ability to build strong peer relationships.
- Good communication skills: written, oral.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and the creativity to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work in a customer-focused, team-based matrix organization.
- Proven technical expertise with SAP, UNIX, LDAP, Oracle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related discipline or 8+ years of IT related experience, with strong emphasis in SAP environment.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required SkillsRequired Experience