|Published||July 21, 2018|
The IT System Administrator’s primary role is SAP Basis Administration. This Support will consist in the form of installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining the company investments in proprietary SAP technologies and other associated Business Software Application.
The scope of IT services includes, data center operations, storage systems, Windows and UNIX Server Operations for SAP and other Westlake Enterprise Business Applications.
This individual will coordinate and implement daily SAP Basis and IT Infrastructure operational activities. The position will work with the IT Principal Analyst to identify and improve the reliability, security and effectiveness of IT services. This individual will manage the IT problem ticket queue by giving hands-on support to resolve all requests in a timely manner.
The administrator will follow our Change Management process and ensure that all appropriate changes are communicated to both the Infrastructure and Applications change management groups. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of organizational directives and their business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure Infrastructure services are secure, reliable and performing as needed. Monitor operation of critical Infrastructure Services, network and application server availability. Target is 99%+ infrastructure service availability during prime shift.
- Work with application development staff to develop IT Infrastructure Operational targets for SAP Server, Network and Storage Operations. This includes operational standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Install and configure relevant server, storage and network components to ensure secure and reliable operations as well as IT environment consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve of IT incidents and performance issues.
- Monitor operation of critical IT services such as critical interfaces, SAP e-mail, file and print services, major application performance and implement efficiency improvements.
- Maintain redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Monitor, optimize and support data storage and backup and recovery operations.
- Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to the SAP Basis environment.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Assist IT operational and security audits.
- Enforce established IT Security access controls.
Project Management Responsibilities (for IT Projects as assigned)
- Ensure assigned projects are completed on time within the approved budget and above customer expectations
- Work with the Principal Analyst to review and/or configure the SAP system Infrastructure
- Recommend technical improvements and solutions which would improve business efficiency, quality and/or process while maximizing SAP functionality
- Work with other IT department members to document SAP technical architecture
- Work with Principal Analyst to ensure new SAP modules, add-ons and critical interfaces are integrated with other SAP modules
- Work with Principal Analyst to test and assist in the development and execution of the functional and acceptance test plans
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned
- Good written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Hands-on performance tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT operational issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
- Possess 10 Years of hands-on SAP Basis, SAP Netweaver, BW, Oracle DB.
- Hands-on experience with SAP 6.0 preferred.
- Possess basic technical skills in SAP development tools, interfaces methods and protocols.
- Experience with SAP configuration methods, tools and techniques. Knowledge of ASAP methodology preferred.
- Experience with SAP web development methods and Java stack
- Strong understanding of IT operations, theories, principles, and practices.
- Good technical experience with installing, configuring and supporting Windows and UNIX servers, networks and storage devices.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Any lifting in excess of 25 pounds requires assistance from another employee. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 25% including air travel or auto travel.