|Date Posted||August 20, 2019|
ITW Shakeproof (SAP), serves the major OEMs and their tier suppliers. We supply metal cold headed fasteners totalling approximately $169M in revenue annually.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW SAP enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The account manager is responsible for managing sales and developing relationships for the Honda and Tiers 1 accounts. This person must understand the customer demands, plan how to meet these demands and generate sales as a result. This position involves collaborating
with sales, engineering, manufacturing and our customers from idea generation through production launch.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing account
- Manage project coordination,
relationship management, negotiation, leadership and innovative development of opportunities
- Manage and solve conflicts with clients
- Work directly with customer engineering and purchasing personnel to sell product including: project development, part searches, interaction with ITW engineering, test data requests/submissions, final price negotiation, and review and sign off of purchase
- Support customers through problem resolution, product understanding and follow up tasks
- Understand and report on competitors and market trends to strategically target new business
- Achieve sales targets supporting the division’s penetration/growth in the market.
- Prepare and deliver presentations both internally and externally.
- Conduct reviews on accounts on regular basis to evaluate our customers and whether the products and prices satisfy their needs, as well as, the organization’s objectives.
- Demonstrate personal effectiveness and leadership that creates a culture of high performance.
- Nurture an environment consistent with the ITW values and culture.
- Keep record of transaction of sale and purchase goods.
- Meet deadlines both internally and externally
- Perform necessary administrative work as required.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree - B.A. /B.S. from four-Year College or University in Business, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Automotive experience with 3-5 years or more in industry
- Proven track record of sales growth.
- Ability to develop sales forecast to a business plan, including business strategies based on OEM and Tiers.
- Proven ability to deal with changes in a business environment.
- Personal accountability to align with the ITW Employee Development & Leadership model.
- An inner drive to understand, communicate and exceed established agreed upon goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with ability and willingness to communicate, and work with other regions.
- Proven ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external customers.
- Commitment to use the ITW Toolbox and its principles.
- Proven ability to focus and prioritize task and objectives.
- Willing to travel; primarily domestic and occasionally world-wide.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. \
To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for information on how
to contact us directly.