|Location||South San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||November 3, 2018|
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Sr. Manager/Principal Solution Architect - Finance to Pay (FTP) & Plant Maintenance (PM)
- Interacts closely with the FTP and PM business partners to deliver and establish strategies and roadmaps for IT solutions
- Identifies and implements process improvements for solution delivery and support of new and existing solutions
- Collaborates with Pharma Informatics technology groups and business groups to ensure delivery against annual objectives and on-going support of applications
- Participates in the Leadership Team of the North America ERP Team
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- BS/BA in Finance or Information Technology
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Must have 15+ years of IT SAP delivery experience
- Must have SAP Finance and Controlling (FICO) configuration experience
- Must have demonstrated experience managing medium size teams for at least 2-3 years
- Must have demonstrated strong customer relationship management skills
- Experience in managing change initiatives with the commitment to implement change within the organization
- Keep abreast of technical developments that may have application in our industry, and promote the use of those that provide strategic business benefits
- Innovative and connected to Industry related networks that push the envelope in innovation. Constantly scans the field for new and disruptive approaches that can be adapted to our company's needs and can add business value
- Can think conceptually and be able to visualize complex scenarios
- Can operate effectively in ambiguous situations and bring clarity to them
- Known for their ability to achieve results by providing an effective and highly empowering environment to their teams
- Enables great participation by all individuals on the team by creating safe environment that empowers participants and challenges them at the same time
- Thorough understanding and application of the project management life-cycle, strategic analysis and planning, process improvement concepts, and team facilitation skills
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Flexibility to travel for up to 20% (both domestic & internationally)
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.