|Date Posted||March 14, 2019|
Working together, we can make a difference in healthcare for our customers and communities. Your contributions, along with colleagues around the world, are helping make healthcare safer and more productive every day.
Track/Level: Senior Engineer
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Engineering
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to work on SAP COE team. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible supporting OTC processes as well as pricing and rebates and incentives (SAP SD/Vistex).
- Responsible for supporting SAP SD OTC and RNI throughout the build and development processes for various COE supported projects.
- Build out rebates, incentives, chargebacks, supplier rebates, and create archiving tables to enhance processes
- Ensure all critical OTC/RNI processes are properly monitored and alerted as well as automating recurrent incidents.
- Collaborate with other process areas such as FICO, MDG, PTP, RTR, R&I, and non-SAP systems to ensure a cohesive solution without impacting downstream processes or systems and ensure seamless workstream flow.
- Work through integration points with SAP and non-SAP technologies and support work flow processes through FICO, MDG, PTP, RTR, R&I, and non-SAP technologies.
- Responsible for preparing and conducting prioritization meetings (for enhancements and defects) with the OTC/RNI functional partners
- Debug custom and standard SAP interfaces.
- Create configurations in both SAP SD OTC and in Vistex, as well as resolving configuration issues and creating custom configurations.
- Make enhancement specifications and work very closely with ABAP team as well as partner up with onshore and offshore development resources
- Influence leadership and stake holders to leverage standard functionalities and streamline process to fit development needs.
- Complete effort estimates prepare proposals and collaborate with our functional partners to deliver sound business cases.
- Troubleshoot complex interfaces involving multiple systems (e.g. SalesForce, Order Express (Web Order Entry), Manhattan, SAP MDG, IBM MDM, IDM, EDI, ECM, IronPort, PlanetPress, etc.) and middleware applications.
- Communicate across all teams; functional and technical knowledge must be communicated effectively and efficiently with leadership, business partners, and technical teams as well as with onshore and offshore teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ year’s experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
- SAP SD/Vistex certifications would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate to various audiences such as leadership, non-technical business partners, and technical teammates.
- Good analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Prior experience with managed services agreements with an onshore/offshore model.
- SAP SD (Sales and Distribution module) within S/4 HANA Enterprise Management and Vistex and RNI knowledge is recommended.
- Strong SAP SD and Vistex configuration skills, and a broad understanding of SAP standards and best practices.
- Hands on Vistex configuration experience in Chargebacks, Billbacks, Supplier Rebates, Customer Rebates, Sales Incentives, Customer Incentives, Pharma Contracts, Agreements, Membership List and Product Lists.
- Application/Software Implementation experience a plus and ideally experience supporting Vistex upgrade and ECC upgrade experience.
- Working experience with Vistex 6.0E is preferred
- Working Experience with complex pricing procedures in SAP ECC, pricing tables, and conditions
- Prior Experience with complex custom pricing enhancements for calculating price without calling SD order simulate and maintaining a custom price change history.
- Knowledge on key integrations points between SD and Finance (FICO)
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
What is expected of you and others at this level?
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.