|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
Location: Jackson, MI
Duration: 2-3 months
The Business Technology IT Application Portfolio team is responsible for the requirement definition, design, implementation, and unit testing of IT solutions. The team is responsible for documenting high level business requirements and translating them into detailed functional and non-functional specifications. As such, the team assists the business in determining which requirements can be automated and how they are integrated with other business and technical processes. Further, the team selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements. Additionally, the team specifies and documents requirements, ensuring testability and traceability back to source while partnering with quality assurance in defining acceptance tests. The team is responsible for the detailed design and implementation of the IT solution to meet the business requirements.
The Application Developer works with business partners and IT staff to identify application development solutions, new applications or resolutions to problems reported on current applications. The Application Developer may participate in specification reviews for system enhancements delivered by suppliers or during the idea and project inception phase, driving early solutions.
The Application Developer may provide input and support planning and prioritization for business and/or IT process related activities. The Application Developer may identify processes for improvement, document existing processes, identify and analyze gaps between current processes and the desired state, design new processes, and develop process performance measures. The Application Developer teams with the business partners, Business Technology Partners, and Solution Architects to document proposals and create RFx documents.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with end-users, business partners, and suppliers to define business requirements for defect resolution, process improvement, or solution development
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the assigned area's systems, organization, and business processes
- Provide input to alternative solutions
- Identify technical options and may define the detailed specifications of technology solutions
- Support the Testing Center of Excellence in requirement interpretation, test case development, and data mining
- Ensure that information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the system design
- Enlist appropriate experts to ensure solutions are fully compliant with architecture process and standards
- Provide systems expertise to system users, business partners, and other internal/external customers including trouble shooting issues, as well as, identifying and correcting inefficiencies
- Should have atleast 5 years of SAP SD configuration experience