|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
This position is the primary liaison between various business functions and the Engineering function for setting up customer quotations, configurable products, bill of materials, variant configuration pricing and the underlying master data. The position is responsible for SAP VC configuration initiatives, product configurator, Quick Quote, Acquire Express, Quick Spec, VC pricing, and related applications support. As a business Subject Matter Expert, the Business Analyst provides input to the engineering strategy for business challenges, requirements, and trends. The analyst will also be responsible for implementation of new configured products and systems for quotations. This position will also coordinate and support regression testing and testing of new applications.
- Understands the validity of engineering requests and makes initial determination of severity of impact on currently available systems.
- Evaluates critical information gathered from multiple sources. Reconciles conflicting information and decomposes high-level information into a detailed functional design, distinguishing the initial user request and underlying true needs in relationship to the product configuration.
- Resolves system issues, defines mass data changes, tests system functions, and trains super users.
- Works closely with NPI project teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure requirements are being satisfied by the planned ERP configured designs.
- Sets up Options, Characteristics, BOMs and rules in ERP VC based on the input from engineering.
- Performs a product ERP VC acceptance testing and validation.
- Collects, documents, and communicates best practices affecting product configuration utilizing ERP VC.
- Communicates the best practices to governance councils and leadership teams for potential inclusion and improvement of processes and applications.
- Develops less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 5 years of SAP ERP experience with a background in Production Planning & Control, Variant Configuration and Engineering Change Management processes;
- 3 years in manufacturing industry with knowledge of multi-level configurations, make to order, make to stock, and order execution and control;
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business or Engineering
- Experience in Windchill, CAD, or other drawing management tools.
- Participation in at least one end to end SAP implementation, including ALE, data migration and cutover activities as well as integrating SAP VC with PLM, web applications using IPC or similar software.
- SAP Certified in Production Planning or Sales and Distribution.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
Generac is an Equal Opportunity Employer