|Date Posted||April 11, 2019|
Disys is seeking a SAP FICO Functional Analyst for a Perm opportunity. The SAP FICO Functional Analyst is the functional liaison between their respective business areas, IT Business Partners, and the Information Technology department.
- This role is the main conduit that translates business processes/requirements into system functionality.
- This position supports their functional areas by analyzing business needs, documenting requirements, and proposing, designing and implementing solutions.
- This position requires strong analytical and consulting skills, as this individual needs to collaborate with their functional areas in order to fully understand their requirements and translate them into efficient, cost effective solutions.
- This position serves as a trusted advisor supporting their functional areas, proactively proposing system changes and innovations to improve efficiencies, increase customer satisfaction or drive cost savings.
- This position will be responsible for the day-to-day functional support, and will be called upon to participate in projects. These projects include enhancing existing functionality, implementing new functionality, to full project implementations.
- This person must have a strong understanding of the various integration points between the SAP FICO module(s) they are supporting and the various other SAP modules
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of working experience in SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling (FICO).
- In-depth functional and configuration expertise within SAP General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Asset Accounting, and Bank Accounting processes and interface with other modules SAP modules.
- In-depth functional and configuration expertise within SAP Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Product Cost Controlling, & Profitability Analysis.
- Working knowledge of SAP Materials Management, Sales and Distribution, and Business Planning and Consolidation.
- Experience with Cash Application tools like: High Radius, and Hanse Orga.
- Experience with Vertex Sales Tax software or a comparable functional tool.
- Previous work with Bank Files (ACH, Positive Pay, Cleared Checks, Bank Statements, and Lockbox).
- Full SAP project life cycle implementation and go-live experience preferred. Must be able to implement new or maintain existing business solution in SAP FICO area based on business requirements.
- Must be able to write and understand functional and technical specification as well as user documentation.
- Must have strong knowledge of business processes and functional experience of SAP best practices.
- Experience working with application life cycle tools like Client-QC, Client-ALM, Charm, Jira.
- A self-starter and have the ability to deliver and be adaptable in understanding functional and technical requirements.
- Problem solving skills including providing alternative options/approaches with cost-benefit comparisons, identifying potential impacts of problems, and identifying and solving team problems.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience leading in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must have a focus on customer satisfaction; work independently with little direction/supervision; adaptable and capable of absorbing new concepts and situations rapidly.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Functional liaison to business areas – Partnering with business stakeholders, and IT Business Partners understanding business needs, prioritizing efforts, recommending changes / innovations, serving as the Subject Matter Expert for the area.
- Collaborate with key business resources on requirements gathering, write demand request document (DRD), solution design (FD), and create requirement entry in Jira as ITD.
- System Design – Understand and translate business concepts to executable functional designs; ensure functional designs are executed as a viable solution to the business concept; ensuring module solution aligns and is compatible with overall architecture. Documenting requirements and developing solutions using standard or custom SAP functionality. Recommending alternatives when multiple options are available.
- Developing Solutions – Work with other analysts to understand integration points with other systems, and communicate the impact of proposed system changes. Performing SAP System Configuration, writing functional requirements for custom development
- Estimation - Assist with estimations of new developments and enhancement requests (costs, benefits, resources).
- Testing - Executes system unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing and regression testing (build test cases, performs tests, suggest changes to configuration or processes based on results and resolves errors).
- Production Support – Troubleshooting system issues, analyzing processes, recommending course of action, day-to-day operational support when required. Resolve incidents and complete service requests to the agreed service levels (SLA), Work with the SAP change management system to promote your changes through the SAP environments to production
- Prioritizing escalated tickets and critical objects, taking ownership of the task, following up and monitoring, ensure that task gets proper attention, delivered on time and under budget by the international support team.
- Coaching/Mentoring/Training – Power user training and coaching, mentoring of other SAP Business Analysts.
- Identify benefits, risks, and alternatives in proposed system design solutions and their impact on the integration with other systems and SAP modules.
- Project Management – Planning, support business case analysis, organize priorities.
- Partner with subject matter experts to ensure user acceptance testing and change Management activities are planned and acted upon for all FICO solution delivery.
- Provide timely and effective communications, including appropriate status updates, to all impacted stakeholders / project partners
- Compliance – Ensures Company, departmental and governmental standards are followed at all times.
Nice to Have:
- S4 Hana Upgrade project experience.
- Experience with Open Text or comparable Vendor Invoice Management software