|Date Posted||October 16, 2018|
Ekman Associates, Inc. is a Southern California based company focused on the following services: Management Consulting, Professional Staffing Solutions, Executive Recruiting and Managed Services.
The role of the Solutions Architect, P2P Systems is to assess, present, and guide solutions to the business community utilizing application expertise in the Procurement to Pay domain and to design, develop, and execute those solutions to significantly enhance business value. Day to day duties will vary from performing market research, exploring products, architecting and designing solutions to project execution, responding to escalated production issues or addressing ad hoc requests from business partners as well as IT management.
- SAP HANA
- SAP ERP/ECC6
- SaaS Applications
- Corporate Applications
- large footprint of packaged enterprise software suite on SAP, modern SaaS applications, and internally developed custom solutions that are supported by the Corporate Applications IT group.
- These applications enable centralized operations in Procurement, and Corporate Finance Shared Services, and the extended user community in the business units.
- Evaluate product fit/gap, ascertain technical dependencies and maturity, and recommend options that may lead to projects as part of roadmap working in conjunction with business partners and IT management.
- Lead architecture, solution and design, guide development of several integrated solutions, including on premise SAP ERP/ECC6 (MM/AP), and easy to use SaaS applications for indirect Procurement integrated with catalogs marketplace, payment through virtual bank cards, and in-house applications for invoice processing and approvals.
- Satellite systems include SAP BW, several SaaS tools for Spend Analytics, Travel, Phone, and Utility expenses, PCards, and a custom data warehouse in a heavily interfaced environment with dual SAP landscapes.
- Develop a global approach to solutions including a ‘template’ taking into consideration legal, and regulatory requirements, and common business practices.
- Address design questions, and facilitate resolution working closely with project and production support teams as needed.
- Build relationship with internal customers with a focus on anticipating needs and working to minimize pain points.
- Provide input to project managers for skill/level of effort, and duration/cost estimation as part of the business case justification.
- Collaborate with other SAP and other teams within the department and other IT teams as needed to integrate applications into environments.
- Guide functional members on configuration, and documentation; development team on technical specifications, and maintain architecture and data flow diagrams.
- Create and/or validate blueprint documents, and test plans for SIT, UAT, performance, and regression testing.
- Participate and/or provides support in testing activities as needed.
- Adhere to IT wide change management procedures from a GRC perspective and review/approve change requests to Production.
- Enhance expertise in the area of products relevant to Procure to Pay process, by keeping abreast of literature, and participating in appropriate forums and webinars to gain ideas that could become candidates for evaluation
- Assist in problem solving for root cause analysis for escalated production issues.
- Occasionally write functional specifications, or perform development during a project phase as a secondary responsibility.
- This position is an individual contributor role and reports to the Director of IT/Procure to Pay Systems in Corporate Applications.
- The role will interact closely with peers and colleagues in a matrixed organization, Sourcing and Accounts Payable business leads; and other IT teams across the enterprise.
- Exciting future opportunities include selection of a Supplier Registration/self-service & e-Invoicing platform, extending the Procurement footprint to International business geographies, working on a HANA cloud migration, and extending the arch of P2P to a Source to Settle suite