|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Engineering
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
The Software Engineer, SAP FICO will be responsible for facilitating the implementation and support of SAP Financials and Controlling to enhance the clients’ business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction. Also, this position will be responsible for:
- Understanding of SAP financial integration within Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes.
- Have an intimate knowledge of supply chain solutions and other capabilities enabled by SAP.
- Providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation, and instruction on SAP products to clients.
- Configure SAP systems within the SAP FICO module along with working across all FICO sub-modules (GL, AP, AR, FA, Fixed Asset, etc..)
- Develop finance solutions that enhance and extend Cardinal Health’s investment in SAP
- Develop highly effective working relationships with other IT and Business teams within and across business units through flawless execution and open, honest, direct communication.
- Have an enterprise perspective and help others to understand broad implications of decision making.
- Analyze the existing customization and custom programs and perform gap analysis.
- Need to develop Functional and Technical Specification documents.
- Work with Technical ABAP team to build a Pseudo code and perform unit testing.
- Develop and prepare testing scenarios, scripts and perform Functional testing.
- Coordinate with business users for testing prior to deployment.
- Work with Change Control Management team and have the objects deployed
- Must be able to perform Post deployment validation and support.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Configure SAP systems within the SAP FICO module along with working across all FICO sub-modules (GL, AP, AR, FA etc..)
- Strong understanding of SAP financial integration within Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes
- Have an intimate knowledge of supply chain solutions and other capabilities enabled by SAP
- Develop and prepare testing scenarios, scripts and perform Functional testing
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.