|Date Posted||April 4, 2018|
At eXcell, we set you up for job success right from the start. Our precision recruiting process aligns the right fit for the right people.
SAP Basis Consultants
- 1 day shift onsite
- 1 off shift 3:00am-12:00pm, primarily remote, must live close enough to come in for training periodically
Located in Collegeville, PA.
Seeking candidates with comprehensive SAP knowledge working in a UNIX, especially AIX, environment. SAP Basis should be the primary skill set, with accompanying knowledge of UNIX and Oracle. This position requires frequent client contact to resolve user support issues, so excellent verbal communication skills are essential. Long term project through Dec 2018.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements: The candidate will be responsible for implementing, administering and supporting SAP NetWeaver J2EE / ABAP stacks running on an AIX / Oracle platform with a focus on Oracle database administration. Tasks will include:
- SAP / Oracle performance tuning
- Recommending / building custom indexes
- Database layout / design
- Database sizing and placement
- Database reorganization strategies
- Performance testing
- SAP system migrations, performance optimization, upgrades, and successful resolution of system performance.
● The candidate needs Technical Architecture and Business Transformation Program background
● Must be flexible and experienced working on Critical / High Priority problems / issues and have the ability to explain in detail how and why they chose to resolve the issue in such a manner
● In addition to SAP Oracle database administration, the candidate will also participate in system administration and SAP implementation, network administration and operating system administration
- Installing and upgrading SAP
- Applying support packs
- Applying kernel upgrades
- Installing third party software interfacing with SAP
- Participating in system copies / refreshes
- Performing installation qualifications to satisfy QA requirements
- Participating in problem resolution including an on-call rotation