|Location||Radnor Township, PA|
|Date Posted||March 8, 2018|
This position will be the functional subject matter expert for Logistics processes and best practices within VWR’s SAP EWM landscape. Responsible for the setup and configuration of plants/warehouses in VWR’s SAP ECC and EWM instances, identifying solutions within EWM for business process gaps and provide production support for EWM as required.
- Be the functional expert to support VWR’s SAP EWM environment.
- Works directly with warehouse and transportation business users to understand requirements and identify appropriate solutions.
- Provide production support for any issues related to SAP EWM.
- Work directly with SAP developers as required to provide guidance for any enhancements or bug fixes.
- Perform Unit Testing for any changes related to SAP EWM or the interface between EWM and ECC.
- Researches and designs technology standards and solutions
- Prepare functional specifications as necessary
Experience & Skills:
- Expert knowledge with SAP EWM and the corresponding components of SAP ECC.
- Experience working with SAP EWM versions up to 9.5.
- Knowledge of the CIF and qRFC interface.
- Experience with de-bugging within SAP and some experience with ABAP development.
- Good understanding of MM/LO/WM areas of ECC.
- Effective written, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment, working independently and prioritizing work
- Must have strong teamwork skills and the ability to develop working relationships
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of management as well as to employees in the business
- Strong technical analysis skills for creating optimal solutions for the business
- BS/BA in Information Systems, or relevant work experience, required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) SAP applications in LOGISTICS modules, with a clear focus on EWM and WM.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with EWM 9.5.
- Strong understanding of the LOGISTICS and WAREHOUSING business processes.
- Participated in at least 1 SAP EWM implementation
- SAP Certification and/or coursework a plus
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
Acquired by Avantor in 2017 as a wholly-owned subsidiary, VWR serves as a leading global provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. The combined company is a trusted end-to-end partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million branded and manufactured products, we enable customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com or vwr.com.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com.
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com.
Job Posting Date: 2018-03-06