|Location||Auburn Hills, MI|
|Date Posted||March 10, 2018|
This position could be located in Auburn Hills, MI or Clarkston, MI.
The mission of the Magneti Marelli (MM) North America (NA) Supply Chain/Logistics team is to drive efficiency in the supply chain from the source of materials (suppliers) – through our 12 manufacturing plants’ production efforts – to our OEM customers. Supply Chain sub-functions include: transportation, production planning/control, materials requirements planning, inventory management, warehousing & line-feeding, shipping/receiving, and customer service. Supply chain functions are managed within SAP – Magneti Marelli’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Attributes and competencies necessary for success in the NA Supply Chain/Logistics team are: a positive, proactive and collaborative attitude; competency in cross-functional coordination and planning; a “line-out” mentality focused on enabling plant success; customer focus; and an absolute thirst for excellence!
The Regional SAP Key User (Materials/Logistics) is responsible for the following tasks focused on supply chain and logistics excellence across MM’s 9 Manufacturing sites in North America:
- Manage the input of complete and accurate new product data into SAP by plant materials planners
- Work closely with the Regional Materials Planner to ensure changes in material part numbers are inputted into SAP in a timely manner
- Work with suppliers and plants to ensure ASN data is transmitted via Web Portal/EDI
- Work with suppliers, as necessary, to improve their SAP proficiency as it directly impacts MM and its NA plants
MAXIMIZING SYSTEM FUNCTIONALITY
- Ensure SAP key functions and analytical/reporting tools are leveraged within the plants and across the region
- Collaborate with the regional and plant IT teams to ensure SAP technical faults and improvements are implemented in a timely manner
- Develop business cases for improvements to SAP to ensure maximum supply chain effectiveness in the region
- Define technical specifications of new systems requirements, coordinating activities with central Material Management.
REGIONAL TRAINING & USER SKILL PROFICIENCY
- Serve as the region’s SAP key user supporting all regionally-provided training to users throughout North America
- Develop a key proficiency dashboard that assesses user proficiency in the SAP modules required for maximum job performance
- Conduct targeted training focused on individual and collective proficiency gaps
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university with a major in IT, Management Information Systems (MIS), engineering, business or finance.
- 5+ years SAP experience (required)
- 2+ years SAP experience in materials/logistics-related SAP modules
- 2+ years SAP training/coaching experience
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert-level proficiency in SAP use/functionality
- Cross-functional collaboration (operating as a member of a matrix team)
- Cross-cultural effectiveness
- Spanish language proficiency (preferred)