|Date Posted||January 13, 2018|
The SAP Architect Basis will implement and maintain the SAP and MicroStrategy system landscape and interfaces. Monitor, administer, support, and optimize systems (and interfaces) to provide a stable platform for the smooth execution of business processes. Develop and maintain operating procedures used for proactive system indicators of the general health of the system. Serve as technical advisor to functional areas on the technical aspects of the system.
- Provide leadership on technical projects, and facilitate the definition of project plans and deliverables. Complete project deliverables based on the agreed scope; estimate work effort, duration, resources and requirements; ensure that requirements are being met. Define tracking mechanisms and ensure IT standards and methodology are met; manage client expectations and project scope; motivate team members; track IT resources; appropriately report status; deliver quality results.
- Develop project plans to upgrade and manage SAP and MicroStrategy products.
- Research technology related products and makes recommendations based on business or operational requirements. Anticipate potential problem situations/risks and address with effective responses.
- Technical expert in MicroStrategy applications and tools. (e.g., Intelligence Server, Mobile Server).
- Develop, document, implement and maintain system management strategies, policies and procedures.
- Configure and implement new SAP system administration tools.
- Maintain a very high degree of decision impact due to system privileges and responsibilities.
- Analyze and define application architecture system design, configuration, software and associated utilities.
- Integrate application tools for automating, monitoring, and managing the current and future technology environments in a proactive manor.
- Establish application performance baselines. Monitor system performance, perform performance analysis, memory management, hardware capacity and database analysis.
- Act as a liaison with hosting vendor for system administration.
- Manage SAP system updates through Transports, SAP Notes, SPS patching and system refreshes. Manage MicroStrategy updates through maintenance of projects, patching, and software upgrades.
- Manage and maintain production jobs schedules.
- Support functional teams with data loads, interfaces, configurations and transports.
- Work with internal and external business clients to plan new system and system enhancements necessary to address expanding business needs.
- Recommend and support hosting partner integration into business solutions, while meeting the business goals and objectives. This includes supporting documentation and diagrams detailing the specific infrastructure.
- Participate in implementation and testing of SAP SPS upgrades and service pack enhancements and system refreshes.
- Ensure the use of configuration management tools to prevent temporary or undocumented configuration changes; participate in change control process as required.
- Provide hosting partner with documented procedures in order to provide superior support services. This includes the management of our support vendors in many aspects.
- Manage hosting partner production support models to enhance response times and maintain high availability of all production infrastructure components and systems.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational, time and stress management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 when required
- Ability to lead a team and contribute to the development of Associates
- Proven ability to learn quickly and independently train themselves on existing and new technologies and technology platforms
- Proven project management skills
- Strong vendor management skills
- Offers technical expertise, feedback or advice as a valuable resource to others
- When prioritizing work, considers the bigger picture, ensuring alignment with department objectives
- Ability to perform complex performance tuning and optimization
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) preferred
- 10+ years of related work experience including 5+ years of SAP experience
- 3+ years of BI reporting tools(e.g., MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects)
- Prior experience leading infrastructure design, implementation, and support
- Knowledge of application security design and implementation, including internal and public facing technologies.
- Certified / technical expert in multiple SAP strategic technologies (e.g., Netweaver, ERP, SCM).
- Must be proficient in the following:
- Administration of Java and ABAP stacks in ERP,SCM,BI,PORTAL and XI
- Administration of MicroStrategy software and tools
- Administration of Oracle, SAP HANA, and MySQL database
- Redhat and SUSE Linux, HP-UX operating system commands
- Setup of Java and ABAP stack monitoring using CCMS
- Architect job scheduling using REDWOOD and SAP Scheduler
- SAP system performance management and tuning using ST04,ST02,ST06
- Management of SAP user accounts through FIM and Active directory
- SAP change management STMS, SAP Notes and Java Transports
- SAP UX and related software (FIORI, SAPGUI, BEX), develops a distribution strategy for updates
- Setup of end to end monitoring using Solution Manager
- SAP Archiving objects and PBS content server
- Coordination and Management of hosting partner for system maintenance, patch management, disk space management.
- Configuration and management of Adobe Document services
- Management of system connections using RFC
- SLD in Portal and XI
- Configuration of Java monitoring using Wiley